Saturday, June 2, 2012

More Galleries Carrying my Artwork

I'm excited to share that this past weekend I had more of my original artwork accepted into two more galleries!

My first stop was to visit with Viola at the Picture Frame at 81 Elizabeth Drive in Gander. We had a fine conversation about art and Viola picked out two of my absolute favourite originals to display - the award-winning Beckoning (lighthouse) and one of more recent paintings Cattails (monochromatic). She also took many of my prints as well, particularly some of my smaller prints which are affordable gifts and souvenirs. Among the prints available at Picture Frame includes the winter scene Winter Tranquility from a picture taken near Glenwood by my father-in-law and prints of Tomorrow's Promise, the original of which was purchased by Steele Hotels and hangs in Gander at the restaurant in the Albatross Hotel. If you are in Gander, pop in and visit with Viola - they do great custom framing.

My second stop was to visit with Kathy Sweetapple (a fellow artist and art educator) at House of Diamonds at 1 Main Street South in Glovertown, just a couple of minutes off the Trans Canada Highway. Kathy was busily painting away when we arrived with my original artwork. Originally we had discussed 4-5 pieces, but I brought extra so Kathy could choose....well, she took everything I had with me! Not everything will be displayed at once, but if you visit you may be able to find - Beauty (red tulip), Breaking Dawn (seascape), Floating Majesty (saltbox house and iceberg), Gros Morne Treasures (lighthouse and Gros Morne mountain), Icy Blue (iceberg), Nooks and Crannies (seascape), On Guard (lighthouse), Spring Showers Bring... (tulips in rubber boots), Wishes (fluffy dandelion), and a set of four flowers Delicate White, Fushia, Peachy and Yellow Shasta. House of Diamonds will have numerous pieces of local artwork for the season, drop by and also learn about the Diamond's beautiful home that has been transformed into a fabulous art gallery!

No comments:

Post a Comment