Wednesday, January 2, 2013

12 Days of Artwork - Day 8

The wild west...the last frontier...America's western frontier has been a vital part of the country's history. We have had the opportunity to travel through much of America's wild west by car...and one of the most recognizable areas is Monument Valley. Director John Ford used the location for a number of his best known films, including many John Wayne movies. You may even recognize the are from the movie Forrest Gump.

The trip where we visited Monument Valley was a great trip and I really enjoyed painting a piece from my photos of the area. So this is #8 of my favourite artworks in 2012.

"Wild West"
5" x 10"


I'm of two minds on selling this piece...the regular pricing is $120 for this painting (on gallery canvas). But until January 6, 2012, I'm going to offer it for only $100. But I think if it doesn't sell by then, I'll be taking it off the market. So best get it now before I change my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment