Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Palette Knife Painting Adventure

A few weeks ago, my fellow artists of Arts Northeast got together to explore some artwork creating using only our palette knives.

For someone like me, who enjoys painting details (like in my Swallowtail), palette knife painting is somewhat out of my comfort zone, as it is usually a more loose style of painting.

I managed to produce one finished painting of a yellow dory (below) and started an accompanying painting of an orange punt. Once I got into it, I didn't mind it too badly and would like to try some more paintings using this technique. A larger piece would probably be better, as the canvas I was using was 6" rounds.

Stay tuned for some abstract paintings from this weekend's adventure with the ladies in Arts Northeast! Really outside my comfort zone, so we'll see how that goes!!!

"Dory"
Acrylic on Canvas - Palette Knife
6" round
 


No comments:

Post a Comment